How we handle your data
What data do we collect?
CodeChum collects the following data:
- Personal Identification Information
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Site Usage Data
- School ID Details (If teacher)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide CodeChum with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Create an account
- Use or view our website
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our survey questionnaires
How will we use your data?
CodeChum collects your data so that we can:
- Manage your account
- Email you with site updates, announcements, and promotions
- Continuously improve our website
How will we keep your data?
CodeChum securely stores your data in a cloud server of Google. We regularly take backups and our website which is SSL encrypted.
How long are we going to keep your data?
CodeChum will keep all your data for a period of 10 years or until you would request us to delete your data.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. CodeChum would like to send you information about site updates, announcements, and promotions.
You have the right at any time to stop CodeChum from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe from our newsletter by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom in one of the emails you received from us.
What are your data protection rights?
CodeChum would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request CodeChum for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that CodeChum correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request CodeChum to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to strict processing - You have the right to request that CodeChum restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to CodeChum’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that CodeChum transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected].
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality - CodeChum uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising - CodeChum uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. CodeChum sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to contact us?
Email us at: [email protected]
How to contact the appropriate authority?
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that CodeChum has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact our Data Privacy Consultant.
Email: [email protected]